question

j-r avatar image
j-r asked

Blue Smart IP22 12/30 current conditions for storage mode

Hi, I've just installed a Blue Smart IP22 12/30 charging a 200AH Lithium battery in a caravan.

I want to know what are the conditions for it to switch to storage mode. The manual says "no current for 24 hours". I'm drawing about 0.3 to 0.5 A all the time because there a few parasitic loads like a clock, a battery monitor, solar charge controller and light controls. All of these small loads would be inconvenient to isolate, as would be installing a battery isolator switch.

Ideally I'd like to be able to set it to storage mode manually via the app and have it revert to auto only if the power was cycled.

Hoping you can help.

JR

Lithium Batterychargerstorage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Nev avatar image
Nev answered ·

We have the same battery charger. 560Ah LiFePO4. Full-time travellers.

The charger is virtually unused for 10 months of the year. Each winter we spend 2 months at a campsite connected to mains power.

The battery is usually full on arrival but if not I fully charge overnight then set the charger to power supply mode at 13.40V via the VictronConnect app.

The battery then sits at c90% SOC for the next 2 months.

Our low voltage loads all remain active. Lighting, 12V refrigerator, water pump, TV, router, phone, tablet, notebook charging etc.

Solar charging is usually but not always disconnected.

I still experiment a little at times.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic