question

chris H avatar image
chris H asked

Batteries inbalance charging,discharging

About a year ago, I had a photovoltaic installation which included a Victron inverter, MPPT, Lynx distributor, Cerbo GX together with two LEOCH Lfeli 48100 batteries(9.6kWh).

I have been monitoring the performance by downloading the data from Victron onto a spreadsheet and there seems to be a considerable imbalance between the charging and discharging of batteries. For example, last April the batteries in - 202kWh and batteries out - 133kWh so where has the difference of 69kWh gone?? Annually this aggregate amounts to some 700-kilowatt hours.

Subsequent to the installation of the batteries I have discovered they are not included on Victron's list as being compatible.

The batteries are set to a minimum SOC of 20%, the DVCC is set to ‘on’, as is the limit charge current and the maximum charge current is 100 A. The ESS is set to "optimise without battery life".

I have, as yet, to receive an explanation from the installers and any help or advice that you could give me would be very gratefully received – as you will have gathered, I am a layperson with limited knowledge.

Lithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Unless you have a Victron shunt/BMV/lynx shunt that you didn't .mention, the discharge info is coming from the battery BMS, probably the charge information as well. So the battery makers/suppliers need to answer this.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chris H avatar image chris H commented ·
Hi, Many thanks for your prompt advice. I should have included the Lynx disributor 1000. Coukd this be incorrectly configured ? would this explain the inbalance between charging and discharging
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ chris H commented ·
No, it's not measuring. Simply four fused connections with indicators for blown fuses.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources