question

lorenchio avatar image
lorenchio asked

6 Victron Multiplus II GX three phase system / parallel

Dear Matthias,

I have 3 Multiplus II 48/5000 "GX" in PARALLEL (works fine). Also I have a Cerbo GX.

But now I need make a Three Phase System, with two units in parallel on each phase.

It is possible to configure with 6 Multiplus GX? And also the Cerbo GX.

The other question, is possible use a ONE phase genset connected to AC Input of the two inverters in parallel of L1, for example?

Thanks

3 phasemultiplus in parallel
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michelle Konzack avatar image Michelle Konzack commented ·
Why do you have 6 MultiPlzs-2 GX AND a Cerbo GX?

For your installation you need ONLY ONE MultiPlus-2 GX in the whole system.

Or 6 ordinary MultiPlus-2 with the Cerbo GX.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Lorenchio

I assume the GXs in the multi2 GXs have been disabled in your current set up.

Yes you can connect a generator to one input on one phase, however you will not be able to use ESS at all.

It might be easier to have a dedicated inverter to charge batteries if that is what you are mainly using the generator for.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lorenchio avatar image lorenchio commented ·

Hi Alexandra,

Not really.. I don't know how can I do for DISABLED "GX" function in the multis.

My current configuration is 3 Multiplus II GX in PARALLEL (one phase), commanded by a Cerbo GX, and this works fine.

But when I setup with a computer this configuration, I can't know what is the Master inverter, because in a common multi, you can see a led flashing, but in the GX model, no..

I know that is better the common model, but I have 6 multis GX, the Cerbo GX, and now I need change the configuration to 3 Phase with 2 inverter in parallel on each phase.

- Do you know if is possible make this setup with the GX models?

- How can I do for disable the GX function in all inverters?

- When do the setup with the computer, how can I identify each inverter? (remeber that I need join the AC Output in each parallel inverters)

Thanks!

Lorenzo

0 Likes 0 ·