question

ubi avatar image
ubi asked

Multi RS & Lynx Shunt with different SOC

Hi,

I recently upgraded my system with a Lynx Shunt and now the Multi RS shows his own SOC (few % more). I have a 10% dischage limit, but today the Lynx Shunt showed 6% but the Multi RS (SOC 11%) didn't turned off. Before the upgrade the Multi RS used the Smart Shunt's SOC.

System before upgrade:

Multi RS Solar 450/80

Smart Shunt

MPPT 150/45

MPPT 100/20

2x 14kW Lifepo4 Battery

Cerbo GX

System after upgrade:

Multi RS Solar 450/80

Lynx Shunt + Lynx Power In

MPPT 150/45

MPPT 100/20

2x 14kW Lifepo4 Battery

Cerbo GX

I can chose in the Cerbo system setup -> Battery monitor which SOC should the system use. After a complete reboot it has no effect. I can't use the Multi RS SOC because I have two more MPPTs.

What could be the problem? Do you have any suggestions? Is the Multi RS compatible with the Lynx Shunt?

Thank you.

SOClynx shuntMulti RS
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @UBI,

Thanks for the report, I'll see what I can find out.

1 Like 1 ·
ubi avatar image ubi Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Another interesting fact: When I use the BMS as the "Battery monitor" in the Cerbo system setup, the Multi RS uses it immediately. It only doesn't work with the Lynx shunt.

0 Likes 0 ·
Hi @UBI

Indeed there appears to be a specific limitation with the Lynx Shunt and RS inverters.

The engineers are now aware and I’ve just asked them for an update on the situation.

0 Likes 0 ·
semlohnhoj avatar image semlohnhoj Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
I use a lynx shunt and two Multi RS Solar units and all three show different SOC values
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Martin (Victron Energy) avatar image
Martin (Victron Energy) answered ·

We just released firmware v1.10 for the Lynx Shunt VE.Can which addresses this issue. It it available on Victron Professional and through the VRM firmware update feature.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

semlohnhoj avatar image semlohnhoj commented ·
I had to reset the SOC after installing the firmware update but I can confirm that the update has resolved the issue for me. Both of my Multi RS Solar units now show the same SOC as the shunt.
2 Likes 2 ·

Related Resources

Lynx Shunt VE Can online manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Mutli RS Solar Datasheet

Mutli RS Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic