question

pciccone avatar image
pciccone asked

AT Ground Relay

I wired in an AT today on the outputs of a dual multiplus split phase RV system. Everything is working fine but I don’t believe I have my ground relay situation the way it should be. When I’m on shore power or inverter I do not get a 12V output from the MP relay terminal, the yellow relay light on the AT does not come on. I did un-check the ground relay checkboxes on both MPs in VEConfig.

What I may have incorrect is I have the ground wire from the bonded MP ground outputs going into the green/yellow input on the AT. Also, I was not sure where to place the ground wire on the AT output, I have it bonded to the green ground wire on the chassis on the screw terminal. Should either of these ground wires be rerouted or removed? Could that be the issue? Can you think what else could be the problem, if I do have a problem? Everything appears to be working correctly but I may have a safety issue that I’m not aware of.

img-7253.jpeg

Autotransformer
img-7253.jpeg (2.3 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
pciccone avatar image
pciccone answered ·

I’m also finding we are tripping GFCI outlets that the RV is plugged into after about 5 minutes. This only started after adding the AT. I’m wondering if the ground wires on the output side should not be connected to the chassis screw of the AT and instead inside of a wire nut? The way it is now that means the high voltage ground is connected to the chassis since it’s metal on metal.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.