question

Richard Bremford avatar image
Richard Bremford asked

Swapout Venus GX is failing in VRM Portal

I've been sent a new VenusGX as the last one needs to be RMA'ed. I've been through the "add new installation" process successfully including adding "NEW" on the back of the new installation name but when I click the button to swap the installation over I immediately get an "unknown error" and am told to try again later.

Now I've got "USEDASREPLACEMENT" four times after my VRM Portal ID, and still have two installations. Unfortunately, neither the old (which is sitting unplugged on my desk, so expected), or the new Venus are reporting in to VRM so I've got no management data.

Interestingly, just noticed that both installations have the same VRM Portal ID now, albeit one with 3 "USEDASREPLACEMENT"s after the name, and the other with 4.

Is there something I should be doing differently?

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Richard Bremford,

Try rebooting the new replacement unit.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Richard Bremford answered ·

Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) - I had rebooted it after the swap as well but have just done so again now.

The remote console on the new unit reports it phoning home to the VRM portal successfully after the reboot, but the dashboard for both the old and new instance still don't see it. I've dialed down the "log interval" to 1 minuite, and can see it ticking over with not connection issue via the remote console.

The new Venus was last seen 8 hours ago according to the VRM portal (about when I swapped it over). It does report the new IP address for teh Venus, and I can remote console in, so I know it's alive and working just failing to report home.

2 |3000

Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) - any other thoughts? I'm kind of stuck with the unit as it is as the moment.

We're off grid, and I can view the current battery charge (and manually start the generator if needed) via the remote console onto the Venus, but the rest of the family aren't that comfortable. Really keen to get back onto the VRM Portal that they know.

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Richard Bremford,

I've just asked for some additional support with this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Richard Bremford avatar image Richard Bremford Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Perfect - thanks Guy :)
0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) - just checking to see if you have had any luck with this? I sent through the details you requested on email but have heard nothing since. Keen to get VRM back up and running as it's been out for a couple of weeks now and I don't think I can fix it without help from yourselves.

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @Richard Bremford,

I never received your reply email, and searching for it now I can't see it.

Could you please try sending it again, and this time cc in level3 and please make mention that it's for Guy.

0 Likes 0 ·