question

david1 avatar image
david1 asked

BMV-702 shunt install - start battery + house battery

I have RV w/180 watt solar to MPPT 75/15 controller direct to house batteries terminals. House is two 6v golf cart wired for 12v. I am adding BMV-702 w/dongle. Three cables connect to a common positive post: 1 from positive terminal of house battery, 1 from 12v feed from the engine battery, 1 to the fused 12v/110v charger/LPG generator Parrallax Progressive Dynamics power charger distribution center. Cables are 8awg.

I plan to mount shunt per the instructions (battery positive to shunt, shunt to common post, post to 12v/110 power center). What do I do with the 12v feed from engine battery? It is the primary source for recharging the house while driving. I'd rather not wire the engine battery as #2. The feed is 18 feet 12awg wire.

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
chedrick avatar image
chedrick answered ·

The BMI-702 should be installed on the negative (common) side of the battery. You won’t need to move your positive wires.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.