question

sra189 avatar image
sra189 asked

Firmware Issue Venus OS 3.01 -> Killing Pylontech

Hi,

I Know the Discussion Board is not thougt for direct Communication between Victron and the End Installers....

But Nevertheless i would appreciate these direct communication with the developer Crew.

We had some issue 2 Month ago with a new Installation of MP2 and GX Device and 2 Pylontech US5000 Batteries which blew up the internal Pylontech fuses caused from an Voltage Runaway on the Multiplus.

Afterwards we sended the multiplus back to the dealer and it has been checked from German Support Center on its function. These checks were positive and showed no problems.

Yesterday we recomissioned the system with an other battery set and had an eye what is happening exactly when the batteries got fully charged.

We can reproducible the initial error with the voltage runaway upwards on the system !! If we had not stopped the system the next battery set would have been blown up by the system in the same way as the original.

So maybe we are able to take a closer look with your developers !?!?

We can provide:

completely tracked issue on vrm
the system id of the system
the firmware with the issue ( 3.01 ) -> no beta image !

The target of our question ist maynly to get sure this issue will be corrected in the firmware and to be sure this could not happen anyone else.

And Please....
No comments of go to your distributor and other stuff.... we are working with different distributors and we had communication with all of them ... All of them could not help cause no one oft them had any issue like that before....

but as i wrote... we can reproduce it !!!

Maybe you can give us a mail for direkt 1:1 communication ??

sincerely alex

Venus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
pau1phi11ips avatar image
pau1phi11ips answered ·

Did you setup the batteries according to this?
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

DVCC should be enabled in the Cerbo settings to enable Charge Voltage control.

Pylontech use 15 cells in their batteries instead of the usual 16 for 48V so the max voltage does need to be lower than standard.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

DVCC is forced on automatically when a supported battery is detected. No need to enable it manually.

Pylon also now have 16 cell batteries.

Considering that these issues don't appear to be reported by anyone else, and on such a popular combination you would expect it to, there must be a common denominator.

Also 3.10 is the current GA version, not 3.01.

The disties really should have logged a L3 case for you already for proper support, maybe you get lucky and get a reply, but I would be getting your supplier to confirm they have opened a case, unless they have a good reason not to.

1 Like 1 ·
pau1phi11ips avatar image pau1phi11ips commented ·

PS I think you need to use @mvader (Victron Energy) in the message body instead of the title for them to get notified.

0 Likes 0 ·
sra189 avatar image sra189 pau1phi11ips commented ·
@mvader (Victron Energy)

thx for the info... hopefully there will be an reply ....

0 Likes 0 ·
sra189 avatar image sra189 commented ·
Yes we did it how specified by victron...

We have running several Systems in the same constellation with these settings.. None of them had any issues until now.

0 Likes 0 ·