question

sv-hydrate avatar image
sv-hydrate asked

Shunt interface

Hi all,

I have a leftover shunt which was part of a BMV 712, which I'd like to repurpose to measure the input from my alternators. Ideally I'd like to plug the shunt directly into a Cerbo-s GX, but the shunt has an RJ12 plug, does anyone know if it's VE.Direct with a wog plug (and what the pin-outs are), or is it something else, in which case I guess I'll have to use the VE.Direct port in the 712 itself.

Just doesn't seem to be any point in having the monitor when there's a Cerbo screen there showing the same data..

Cheers,

Trev

BMV Battery MonitorVE.Direct
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michelle Konzack avatar image Michelle Konzack commented ·
You can ask your reseller or distributor for the SmartShunt electronic as Spare Part.

I have even 3 of them laying around because I bought my BMVs in a time (2018) where the SmartShunt did not exist and bought the 1000A shunts.

A new SmartShunt cost 146€+ VAT, but maybe I can get three electronics as spare parts less expensive.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

That's not a SmartShunt it's just the shunt that is delivered with the BMV.
The RJ11 port is NOT VE.direct. That port can only be used to connect shunt to the BMV.
You need to connect the BMV to the Cerbo with a VE.direct cable.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sv-hydrate avatar image
sv-hydrate answered ·

I thought that might be the case, but hoped I was was wrong..

Thank you..

2 |3000