question

Fideri avatar image
Fideri asked

Distribute batteries across Lynx

Hello,

According to Wiring Unlimited, all power sources should be distributed across the busbar. Right now, I have 4 lithium batteries, 2 MPPTs and 1 Quattro (soon to be 2) across a custom busbar. I now want to switch to a Lynx hence my dilemma.

According to various Victron documents, the batteries should be on one side and the chargers and inverters on the other of the Lynx Power-in and the Lynx Distributer. In my situation, I can't follow the recommendation of Wiring Unlimited in that case.

Question is: can I put 2 batteries on the Power-in and 2 batteries on the Distributor and distribute the other equipment across the 2 components accordingly?

Fideri

lynx distributorbusbar
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
@Fideri you forgot to mention f you have a battery monitor.
0 Likes 0 ·
Fideri avatar image Fideri klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
@klim8skeptic Yes, I have a Cerbo right now drawing power from one of the four lithium batteries. I plan to move that to the busbar. When I get the Lynx, I plan to connect the Cerbo to the protruding bits on the left. All the 4 batteries have internal BMS communicating with the Cerbo.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Sarah avatar image
Sarah answered ·

Hi @Fideri Splitting the batteries will mean uneven charge/discharge profiles. This is best to be avoided as it will mean the batteries closest to the load will be discharged first. It also makes it difficult to monitor state of charge as you would normally have a shunt (battery monitor) between the load and batteries.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources