question

amidships avatar image
amidships asked

Reusing ground chassis attachment

Hello,

I am installing and integrating an EasyPlus and a new DC distribution board in a campervan with an existing grounded electric system.

My idea was to attach the ground connection of the EasyPlus to the negative busbar of the distribution board.

Then I would attach this negative busbar to the same location on the chassis where the rest of the equipment is grounded.

Is it a doable solution or should I connect the busbar to its own connection on the chassis?

Thanks

GroundingEasyPlusbusbar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

I would keep the ground and negative bus on separate connections to the chassis. Then if a connection comes loose, or there is a fault there is better protection.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

amidships avatar image amidships commented ·
Thanks for your answer. Just to understand correctly, you suggest having the EasyPlus ground connected to one bolt in the chassis, the negative busbar to a second bolt in the chassis, and keep the existing electrical installation connected to its how bolt in the chassis? For redundancy reasons?
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic