question

actionmendes avatar image
actionmendes asked

What Smartsolar mppt profile to charge a victron 170ah super agm battery?

Hi... I have a system with a victron super agm 170ag battery being charged by a 100/50 smartsolar mppt and also a cyrix-ct 230 on my campervan.

On the 100/50 mppt, what charging profile should I choose? I have it on the standard 2 but there's a spiral agm option..

Also, the cyrix 230. Should I switch off the mppt of I am charging the battery with the engine alternator through the cyrix or shall I leave them both connected to the battery at the same time?

MPPT Controllerssmart solar set-up helpCyrix Battery Combiner
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

If you consult the datasheet for the battery, you can see the recommended charge Voltage table.

Preset Gel Victron deep discharge (2) fits in quite well with Normal Cycle Life for that battery.

You can have both the Cyrix and MPPT connected at the same time, no problem.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-AGM-Super-Cycle-battery-EN.pdf

1562573115701.png (24.9 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

actionmendes avatar image actionmendes commented ·

Cool.. and regarding the equalisation options? Which option should I select our should I avoid equalise the battery?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources