question

buckland avatar image
buckland asked

Charge voltage

Small camper: 200 watts solar, 2 : 100 Amp Battleborn LiFePo4 (200 W), Mppt 100-20 solar controller, Smart shunt, Orion DC DC smart charger. I have tried what I believe are all the possible configurations in setting up Victron Connect battery section. The batteries used to charge to 14.2 but now 13.2 is the highest and it is reading 100%? Is there a standard template settings which I could use? All help appreciated.

Rob

MPPT SmartSolarbatteryorion dc-dc
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Your batteries are full, so the chargers are in Float at 13.2. This is correct, no changes need to be made.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

buckland avatar image
buckland answered ·

OK thank you for the reply. I was lead to believe that BB LiFePo4 batteries don't like to be in Float?

1 comment
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

That's incorrect. Battle Born specifies the correct float voltage for their batteries - if I recall it's 13.6v, but that can be verified with them directly, the user manual of your batteries, or with the authorized reseller from whom you purchased them.

EDIT TO ADD: here's their own topic on it, I was close - should be 13.6 or less for float.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT product page

VictronConnect manual

PWM or MPPT

MPPT calculator

MPPT codes

Victron DC to DC Converters Product Range