question

giakoumidis avatar image
giakoumidis asked

Multiplus II GX Grid feed in leaking after firmware update

Dear Victron community,

I am facing a problem with my Victron Multiplus II GX 48/5000/70-50 with Model ID: 2623.

Problem description:

The Multiplus is operating under ESS mode set to no grid feed but is randomly feeding power to the grid for a short time (Maybe a few seconds). This phenomenon happens randomly 24/7, and it's not related to a specific state of the system, such as the battery being full, high loads, etc.

I observed that also randomly, the inverter will show in the display or VRM, “OFF” then stops showing the Output Power, then it shows “Fault” and after a while, goes back to normal (Please check the videos attached Case 1.mp4, Case 2.mp4). The Inverter still inverts during this circle, so there is no power interruption. I think during this circle, it is feeding power to the grid. ,

I am also attaching some graphs showing these events Before the update Grid Power.png, Firmware update Grid power.png, After the upgrade Grid Power.png.

The problem started after a firmware update in both Inverter and GX devices.

I tried successfully to revert the firmware of the Inverter, but it still behaves the same way. Unfortunately, I could revert the Firmware of the GX devices because they cannot see the firmware file in the USB/SD card (I used multiple USB and SD cards with the same result “No Firmware found”).

Complete Vivtron system description:

Multiplus II GX 48/5000/70-50Cerbo GX
MPPT 450/100
Lynx Shunt
Cerbo

System Settings:
Multiplus II GX
Set on ESS Assistant mode

Venus GX device in the Multiplus
ESS set to External Control

Cerbo GX
ESS setting to Optimize without battery life
Feed in set to Off
Grid set point to 70W
Grid metering to Multiplus II GX internal sensor

Firmware versions when it was working:

Multiplus II GX
Firmware: 498

Venus GX device in the Multiplus:
Firmware: 2.92

Cerbo GX
Firmware: 2.92

Firmware versions when problems started:

Multiplus II GX:
Firmware: 505

Venus GX device in the Multiplus:
Firmware: 3.01

Cerbo GX
Firmware:3.01

Any help help is welcome.

firmware updateess grid setpoint not reachedfeedin
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers