question

gofastboat avatar image
gofastboat asked

Multiplus II 24v system connection question

Just recently purchased the multiplus II. my boat is running a 24v system with 2 separate batteries, all of the instructions I have found only show hooking up to 1 single battery. Wanted to confirm before connecting this thing if I'm supposed to hook up like a standard 24v charger and connect to both batteries or follow the instructions and connect to the single battery with the trickle charge wire going to the second battery.

battery connection
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Gofastboat

If the two batteries are 2 X 12v. Then yes you need 2 to make 24v connected in series.

If it is 2x 24v then yes connect both.

The trickle charge is to maintain a vehicle battery or something like that. Not part of the inverter system.

The instructions show to connect to one single battery as the battery bank is considered as one or unit.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wolfbanearies avatar image
wolfbanearies answered ·

You should be able to connect to both batteries in parallel, ideally using a bus bar. Alternatively you could simply run both sets of pos/neg cables directly to the studs in the multiplus. Make certain that the cable sizes and lengths are identical.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic