question

Al avatar image
Al asked

SmartSolar MPPT 75/15 with 100ah LiFePO4 battery settings?

Hi Guys,

I have a 12V 100Ah LiFePO4 Lithium Battery from Eco Worthy.

In my MPPT battery settings should I use the "Smart Lithium (LiFiPo4)" preset or something else?

Thanks!!

screenshot-20230925-102222.png

Lithium Battery
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matt1309 avatar image matt1309 commented ·

Hi @Al

It will depend on the settings the manufacturer has provided in the manual. If you select the preset it will tell you what settings are being used for Float/Absorption etc. It's likely the LiFePO4 preset is close to, if not exactly what you're looking for. However check it against the manual/charge settings from the manufacturer. You may want to tweak the preset to User defined to match the numbers per manual.

For generic LiFePO4 I used these settings as a comparison however you should go with whatever is in the battery manual/documentation:

Preset: User defined

Absorption 55.2v (I have 48v 16s battery, so per cells that's 3.45, 13.8v if 12v battery)

Float: 54 (3.375 per cell so 13.5 if 12v battery)

Equalisation disabled.

I used very consevative settings compared to what manufacturers normally specify.

0 Likes 0 ·
metouh avatar image metouh commented ·

Hello @Al

I have that same setup and created a preset with the following settings based on [this post] in the ECO-WORTHY community:

Bulk / Absorption 14.40V
Float 14.60V
Equalisation 13.80V

img-4144.png

https://uk.eco-worthy.com/blogs/blog/how-to-properly-charge-my-lithium-battery-charging-guide-of-eco-worthy-lithium-battery

0 Likes 0 ·
img-4144.png (211.5 KiB)
1 Answer
georgios-kounis avatar image
georgios-kounis answered ·

Yes, you should either select the lithium battery setting or just change the rotational switch on the lower right side of the MMPT and set it to number 7 pos. It will automatically change the battery in your MMPT when you see it through the Mob Device and the Bluetooth.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources