question

jorisvdb avatar image
jorisvdb asked

“Access denied for this object” error while VRM keeps working

Hi ladies and gentlemen,

Just to be clear, I’m an ordinary end-consumer having a little problem. We have a very nice all Victron PV and battery installation, only our batteries are Pylontech US5000.

Whenever we (my girlfriend and I) open our VRM apps, we get the error mentioned above. However, we can access our data in VRM on the dashboard and on the Advanced tab.

I’m using an iPhone Pro 11 running iOS 16.6.1, my girlfriend uses an iPhone 13 with probably the same iOS version. We’re both using the latest VRM version.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide!

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @JorisVdB,

I can recreate the issue and have asked the VRM team to look into it, thanks for reporting.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @JorisVdB,

The VRM team has applied a fix and this should now be resolved.

Thanks again for the report.

0 Likes 0 ·
jorisvdb avatar image jorisvdb Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager), indeed, the issue has been resolved. Thank you very much!

1 Like 1 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@JorisVdB

It is usually a symptom of rubbish internet connection. I get it more when using mobile and adsl connections.

Alot of networks with bad jitter as well do this.

2 |3000

jorisvdb avatar image
jorisvdb answered ·

Hi Alexandra,

Thanks for the suggestion - I’ve tested it at our house, my parents house as well as on a mobile connection and it stays the same, even when having an excellent Wi-Fi connection (2, 3, 4 ms of jitter, doesn’t sound too bad ?). Meanwhile I updated my app, to no avail.

2 |3000

jorisvdb avatar image
jorisvdb answered ·

Hi. i just wanted to inform you that I’ve seen this notification again today, just once. However, it has not happened afterwards, so I’m unsure if anyone would be able to replicate the issue.

2 |3000