question

John Leslie avatar image
John Leslie asked

Quattro firmware upgrade

I have a 2643 (230V, large microprocessor) Quattro currently running 400-level firmware with assistants configured. I understand that VEConnect cannot be used to configure Quattros running assistants. My question - is it acceptable practice to use Connect only for the firmware update and use Configure pre & post to manage the configuration? Or must VEFlash be used in this scenario? Thanks.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerfirmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

To get to a supported version you will need to use veflash. From there you can use VC or VRM to update it. VC will allow config download and upload as well.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VictronConnect_configuration_guide_for_VE.Bus_products/en/limitations.html#UUID-e9ee9abb-eb15-62e4-99b4-130473898c93

Ypu need to be on at least FW 415 to update with Victron Connect. If you are at least there use it. It is so much easier.

0 Likes 0 ·
John Leslie avatar image
John Leslie answered ·

Thanks. I saved the current assistant configuration using VEConfigure. I then went into Connect and saved the Quattro settings and performed a firmware update. I then used Connect to restore the saved settings but I then had to go into VEConfigure and manually add & configure the assistant(s). All good now.

2 |3000