question

Wolfgang Junkmail avatar image
Wolfgang Junkmail asked

What are advisable limits for Pylontech LiFePO4 52 V batteries?

The predefined limit endpoint for charging my batteries is 100% and for discharging 10%. Are these limits sensible for the specified lifetime of 10 years of the battery? Is there a statistical analysis available regarding the change of lifetime by altering these values for LiFePO4 batteries?

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

All batteries degrade with time and temperature.

The charge profile guarantees you will get to 10 years, or longer, provided you follow their implementation guidelines.

No battery will store the same amount of charge after 10 years, some manufacturers provide a guaranteed minimum, pylon don’t but those factors are largely determined by environmental factors. I would be more concerned by trying to keep them around the magic 25C than anything else.

Many of us can reference the longevity of pylons, it is an exceptionally mature product, widely deployed.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lifeingalicia avatar image
lifeingalicia answered ·

2 years US3000 x 4 charging slightly under recommended max voltage also reduced max demand (its what I pay the grid for) and max discharge 30% (except power fail) For my demands the bank is slightly oversized - used between 45% - 100%) but I do have bat temp between 5C -27C.

SOH is 100% actual saving on power bill (@ up to 42Eurocent) ca. 80€ month No problem.

2 |3000