question

raphael avatar image
raphael asked

Feature Request: Reset SOC to 0%, if Voltage is low

I'd love to see a option in the SmartShunt, to reset the SOC to 0%, if the battery voltage drops below a set threshold (e.g. 50V) and the discharge current is lower than a set threshold (e.g. 10A).

During the winter months, in a ESS-System, the SOC can get inaccurate, if the battery is not being charged to 100% SOC every now and than. I once ran into this situation: a customer asked me, why the battery low voltage warning is on, while the displayed SOC was 20%...I had to manually set the SOC to 0%.

If the voltage drops below 50V (16S LiFePo4), I want the SOC to be reset to 0%. Than the ESS can charge back to 20% automatically and there is no low voltage alarm.

I know, that there are plenty of workarounds:
(1) In the ESS, I can select "Optimized (with BatteryLife)". But this feature also has some issues / drawbacks.
(2) I use Scheduled charging once a week to charge to 100%.
(3) I could set the Sustain Voltge in the MP-II above 50V and the Dynamic cut-off @ 0.005C to 50V.

In a OFF-GRID-Installation, this feature would be handy...people always trust the SOC, but if it is not accurate, it gets suddenly dark, while the BMV tells them, that there is 10% or 20% remaining.

BMV Battery MonitorSmartShuntSOC
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Is the low voltage cut off/shutdown 50v?

Battery low warnings are either ESS dynamic cut off voltages or the warning set on the inverter tab.

Is there a possibility that the battery is shutting down due to imbalance not low SOC?

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers