question

Serhii Barsukov avatar image
Serhii Barsukov asked

Setting up parallel connection of 48V batteries

I had a set of 330 ampere/hour batteries running on my MultiPlus 48v. I added another set of batteries in parallel, made changes to the firmware to 660A/H, but the output power did not increase. What could be the reason? Thank you.

Lithium Batterypower meterdischarge level
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Serhii Barsukov

What inverter? What is the amps out of the battery? capacity (storage size) is not relavent to power out, but the ability of the bms is.

What do you mean by the statement the power output has not increased? All you have done is added capacity to storage not increased power.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Serhii Barsukov answered ·

Thank you for the quick response @Alexandra

Equipment:

3* inverters MultiPlus-II 48v 5000VA

8* Lithium Battery Smart 330Ah 12,8V (4 and 4) 330Ah 48v + 330Ah 48v. Total 660 Ah

Lynx Smart BMS 1000A

I mean the battery capacity has not increased, I get 9-12 kW/hour when discharging, but I should get more than 20 kW/hour

What settings need to be made if one section of the battery was working, and I added a second section in parallel and increased the capacity.

photo-1.jpgphoto-2.jpg

Тhank you.

photo-1.jpg (35.1 KiB)
photo-2.jpg (210.3 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Serhii Barsukov

Confirm none of the batteries have any communication with the GX?

If you are running ESS, then you might find it is using the dynamic cut off voltage set there for the load running at the time of shutdown.

0 Likes 0 ·

I use Cerbo GX to control the system. But the batteries are connected to the BMS.

In the VRM portal, I do not see parameters that limit the capacity delivered by the batteries.

Perhaps you can look at my configuration file or give recommendations on how to add battery capacity to the system. Thank you.

2 |3000

Good afternoon, @Alexandra .

I still don't have any extra capacity from the second battery section. Please tell me what settings need to be made in the system when installing an additional set of batteries.

Thank you.

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Do you have ESS assistant installed?

If you do lower all the cut off voltages in the assistant to the low cut off for the bank.

How are they wired? Do they have good current sharing?

Are any if them shutting down before the others?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic