svje avatar image
svje asked

Schematic Diagram Review

Looking for some feedback on my design before implementing it

diagram.png.

wiring diagramschematics
diagram.png (149.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

1. The community is not for discussing system designs you should ask your local Victron dealer/installer about that.

2. Without more information it looks like a pretty basic system, nothing special or complicated.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

svje avatar image svje commented ·
Unfortunately I have seen a number of designs in this community and do not have a local Victron near me. So I needed some guidance and that is what I thought communities were for… thanks for your help
0 Likes 0 ·
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

@SVJE my only comment is that the Smart BMS 12/200 is designed to be used with the Victron batteries and yo0u have not highlighted whose batteries you are using. It requires the signal from the Victron Smart Lithium batteries to work correctly, so may not be your best choice of device to control charging from batteries. I suggest you read the manuals and look at the associated schematics on the Victron site to get an understanding of how the Victron equipment should be used.

2 comments
2 |3000

svje avatar image svje commented ·

@Bathnm TY! I had read the info and for some reason did not see that at all…now I have to go sell the smart BMS. Any recommendations to put in that spot to protect the batteries from the alternator?

0 Likes 0 ·
bathnm avatar image bathnm svje commented ·
Depending on the size of the alternator there are two options. Small Alternate use a DC/DC between the alternator/start battery and lithium bank. If a large capacity alternator an external regulator like the Wakespeed to control the alternator, connected to the lithium bank and a DC/DC to charge the start battery.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic