question

enevis85 avatar image
enevis85 asked

Why can't I see MPPT history in VRM from before venus was connected?

Hi all.

Few days ago I connected Venus (Raspberry Pi) to my MPPT.

I can't see history from before venus has been connected.

I can look in to history from VRM control panel, ( main menu ( devices list) on top is my MPPT, get in to mppt and all history I don't know how far) but in advance I don't have this data, only from day when venus has been connected.

Two way communication is on, no errors.

Is this all data should be upload to VRM automatically or is impossible have this data on VRM ?

MPPT ControllersVRM
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jjuzwik avatar image jjuzwik commented ·
I have the same situation, trying to use VictronConnect app to reach my mppt via vrm. It’s gotta be a software bug in VC. The daily history shows up normally but no historical stored trends show up. I have a ticket open with my dealer on this very issue. I’d encourage you to do the same
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

The Trends data logged by the MPPT is only available when connecting via bluetooth.

Only data collected by VRM is logged in VRM. The "historical" data on the MPPT visible in VictronConnect is separate from VRM.

To put it another way, the MPPT isn't logging data in VRM. VRM is periodically taking a snapshot of the available MPPT data and storing it.

5 comments
2 |3000

jjuzwik avatar image jjuzwik commented ·
Interesting… Surely this is a bug, right? i have a ticket open on this very issue of stored trends.
0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ jjuzwik commented ·

@jjuzwik @enevis85 you can look at the mppt history via remote console.

1 Like 1 ·
jjuzwik avatar image jjuzwik klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Daily history works just fine, but I’m talking about historical stored trends.

0 Likes 0 ·
snoobler avatar image snoobler jjuzwik commented ·

Not a bug. The Trends tab data is stored in the MPPT bluetooth module and is only accessible when connected via bluetooth.

If you want to see Trends tab data, you need to keep VC connected to it via VRM. If you disconnect, the Trends data resets.

0 Likes 0 ·
snoobler avatar image snoobler snoobler commented ·

FWIW, you're not going to care in 46 days as the Trends data is lost, but the VRM data is retained for 6 months, is easier to work with and can be downloaded... :)

1 Like 1 ·