question

h2009 avatar image
h2009 asked

VRM missing some AC PV inverter widget from dashboard

Hi there, yesterday my VRM view was working fine but today my system is missing widgets and data.

Please see attached screenshots of the differences. You'll also notice that the AC loads are not correct (they are missing all loading data) and its combined the PV AC inverter into that AC loads.

screenshot-2023-09-13-at-115457.png

58d33efe-7b88-4401-ac9d-7fe9fad6e793.jpg

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @h2009,

It looks like your AC PV inverter has stopped reporting.

The first thing I would do is check the connection of the data communications cables.

If that all looks good, the next thing I would do is roll back to the previous version of the venusOS and see if that makes any difference.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

h2009 avatar image h2009 commented ·

Thanks for your message. PV is reporting correctly and data is being transmitted (I can see the packets) . VenusOS hasn't changed since last night so can't see how a roll back would help?

On the console I 'main menu screen' I've noticed the Energy Meter isn't displaying there but under the meter section it's still showing the setup of it. Its like the system can't detect the meter any more.

I've tried rebooting the CX but no changes.

I should say the data is transmitted by RS485 over POE, both devices are reachable and packet counts are going up.

screenshot-2023-09-13-at-123235.pngscreenshot-2023-09-13-at-123247.png

0 Likes 0 ·
The energy meter menu you show there is cached, so if the meter is disconnected or unreachable by the GX, it will still show up in the Energy meters menu.

Disappearing from the Device list indicates that the GX cannot see it any more. Could be hardware reasons, or software reasons.

Rolling back the Venus version is the first step to troubleshooting a software reason, and it's easy to do.

Physical investigation of the connections is the first step to troubleshooting hardware reasons.

Sometimes there is a straight forward answer, but often there is process of investigation and elimination before finding it.

0 Likes 0 ·
h2009 avatar image
h2009 answered ·

I rebooted everything again and it’s all working as it should. Can’t really explain what caused it to stop seeing the connection for a while.

Thank you for your help.

1 comment
2 |3000

Thanks for the follow up, try turning it off and then on again is unfortunately the classic (and often successful!) first step.

Hopefully stable from now on.

0 Likes 0 ·