question

Johan Botes avatar image
Johan Botes asked

VRM - Firmware updates not showing?

Hi All

I'm currently experiencing an issue on VRM where my devices aren't showing on the "firmware update" page.
Is anyone aware of this and what can I do to fix it?
I have restarted my VRM and logged in and out without any success.
See below picture.

1694594559717.png

I can however confirm that the devices are communicating with the cerbo but for some reason I can't update the inverter config file.1694594625457.png

Kind Regards,

VRM
1694594559717.png (28.0 KiB)
1694594625457.png (29.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Izak (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Izak (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

If anyone else runs into the issue: This problem shows up if the firmware on the built-in MK3 is too old. You can update that from the GX, there is an option in the menu. Once you do that, the Multi/Quattro will be listed again.

This should not be happening, it is a bug which will be fixed in a future release. But you can use this workaround.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

giampaolo avatar image giampaolo commented ·
Hi Izak. I have the same problem . When you say that "the firmware MK3 built in is to old" are you referring to the GX device?
0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ giampaolo commented ·

Hi, let me answer this: yes.

On your GX Device, go to the Device List, then to the Multi/Quattro entry, and if not updated yet you'll see an entry there about updating the MK3-firmware.

Its further explained including a screenshot here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2023/05/31/venus-os-v3-00-generator-start-stop-improvements-ess-peak-shaving/

Search for section "Manual step for MK3 update" on that blog.

1 Like 1 ·
giampaolo avatar image giampaolo mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Perfect , done. It is listed now in the firmware update section. But strange thing the serial number of Multiplus is not shown.
1 Like 1 ·
bdbugbee avatar image bdbugbee giampaolo commented ·
Same issue with my Multiplus 24/3000-70 50 after update to Venus v3.10 on Cerbo. I updated the MK3 firmware as described above and the Multiplus is now listed again, but does not show the serial number.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @Johan Botes , we’ll look into it, and in case of any questions contact you by email

2 |3000

magne-arland avatar image
magne-arland answered ·

Upgrading the Cerbo GX remotely three days ago I now see that I lost the connection to my Multiplus. Then I am not able to access it and upgrade the MK3. What do I do?

vr-victron-error.png

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Converted to answer so it does not get missed.

0 Likes 0 ·