question

dozzerfolly avatar image
dozzerfolly asked

What settings to use for Victron ip22 charger?

Hi all, I have a 100ah agm battery with Victron smart shunt and ip22 mains charger that are smart ve network connected, the ip22 is set for adaptive absorption, do I need to set the tail current or will the charger automatically set that?

SmartShuntbluesmart ip22
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
regman54 avatar image
regman54 answered ·

Your post is lacking details. The best answer for the battery is to contact the manufacturer or search their website for their recommended settings.

Have you read any manuals? They will provide setup information. You can find Victron manuals here: https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/manuals

As for IP22 that only states the device's ingress protection rating (like dust and liquids) of whatever you have.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dozzerfolly avatar image dozzerfolly commented ·
Victron blue smart 15 amp mains charger is the model, I was wondering if I need to input the tail current in expert setting mode?
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

The charger will not set the tail current in the shunt. All the shunt settings must be made by you.

However the default of 4% is a good starting point for AGM

2 |3000

dozzerfolly avatar image
dozzerfolly answered ·

Many thanks for your reply, I have set tail current at 4% in shunt but was wondering if I need to set tail current in expert mode in the absorption setting in the blue smart ip 22 mains charger?

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
It would be good to do this if the battery is left in continuous charge.
0 Likes 0 ·