question

leoo avatar image
leoo asked

Actual maximum inverter power of an MP2 5000/70-50

Hi,

I am running 3 phases each on a MP2 45/5000/70-50 and I don't understand why I can draw this much current from my battery. Apparently I am not able to read the data sheet properly.

70A is max charger power,
50A is max inverter power.

Battery is running 48V which would be 50A*48V=2400VA * 3 = 7200VA maximum discharge power when symmetrically loading all phases - which my EV does. How is the system able to smoothly support 11kW of load by my EV charging 16A on 3 phases as it does in the Graphana screenshot below?

Here a maximum of 230A is drawn which equates to 11040 Watts at 48V.

current.jpg

1694372260394.png

Multiplus-II3 phase48v battery
current.jpg (1.2 MiB)
1694372260394.png (151.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Meine_Energiewende avatar image
Meine_Energiewende answered ·

The 50 in the Name of the MP2 is not inverter power. It the maximum current of the build in Relais.

Inverter Power is 5000VA or 4000 watts continuous. Thats the reason for your current draw, which is totally correct.

Jens

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

leoo avatar image leoo commented ·

Thanks Jens, big fan :)
So I can pull 12kW on 3 phases or 17.4A/Phase before the MP2 goes into overload? (Or overheats and then goes into overload because of reduced output power capability)

0 Likes 0 ·
mvas avatar image mvas leoo commented ·
4,000 watts at 25°C, less Watts at higher temps per the chart you posted.
0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·
That is if you use ACOUT for all the loads. If you only use ACIN for e.g. a domestic ESS system with critical loads functionality, then it is 4.4kW.
0 Likes 0 ·
leoo avatar image
leoo answered ·

Okay so in ideal conditions I can invert 4000W of power per MP2.
How much power can be added on top of that using an AC-OUT coupled PV inverter in an off-grid system? Another 50A as the maximum AC-Input current indicates?

4 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Specs are for an internal temp of 25C. At sustained loading it will likely derate, so I wouldn’t plan on running any inverter continuously at its highest output.
0 Likes 0 ·
leoo avatar image leoo nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
That is understood. Assuming the temperature was fixed at 25°C, and I run a 15kW PV-Inverter on AC-Out (as I am allowed to do because of the 1:1 rule) and this inverter yields maximum power could the system achieve 15kW+3*4kW = 29kW peak power?
0 Likes 0 ·
sersurf avatar image sersurf leoo commented ·

You should note that AC-Out 1 doesn't have any pass-through relay and this output is physically connected to the inverter's output. Please refer to the manual, page 35, Appendix B, Block Diagram. So, if you are talking about AC-Out 1 (not AC-Out 2), you can connect here any inverter power, as long as you have the load to utilize that power. The limiting factor here would be the 1:1 rule.

0 Likes 0 ·
leoo avatar image leoo sersurf commented ·
Thanks that is helpful. With that said my peak supported load calculation of 29kW should be correct. That would blow my 32A fuse.
0 Likes 0 ·