question

nimaz avatar image
nimaz asked

Why is the VRM portal loading a new version of VRM every 5min?

Hi,

There was a update earlier today to the VRM portal.
(there was a banner about possible outage for 10-15min)
The portal has been refreshing every 5min with a "new version of VRM" since the update/outage.

1694283374397.png

This is getting really anoying when running the portal on a tablet to keep an eye on the system...
(as this happens every 5min and you see the tablet blink)

Cerbo has a 15min interval update to VRM so that's not the reason.

Any reason for this constant stream of updates to VRM?

VRM
1694283374397.png (6.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
nesswill avatar image
nesswill answered ·

I am seeing this to.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

I'm not experiencing this. Which tablet OS and browser are you using?

1 comment
2 |3000

nesswill avatar image nesswill commented ·

Android 13 Edge mobile Samsung s22

0 Likes 0 ·
joeno avatar image
joeno answered ·

Got the same issue on Android Tablet and on Windows LapTop since this morning. Seems to be a bug, something like that was already reported by users in former years, I guess and hope the guys from Victron will fix it soon again.

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·
2 |3000

nimaz avatar image
nimaz answered ·

So it's two tablets(Android) one running VRM web portal on Chrome other on Opera.

Same happens with a 2 different computers on Chrome/Edge/Firefox.
(Tried on both computers the incognito mode also to make sure it's not something cached)

Issues started after the Saturday "downtime" around 11-13 CET. Then it has been a "new version of VRM..." message every ~5 min or so.

2 |3000

sjoch avatar image
sjoch answered ·

I noticed this on chrome, iPhone VRM app, iPad VRM app etc. Seem to be a code issue on the serverside.

Its more noticable if you go into edit mode on a diagram, Then its refreshed and you have to click edit again. It also affects the menu, where you can click advanced for example and you get back to the previous selection.

This issue is most likely visible to everyone.

2 |3000

nesswill avatar image
nesswill answered ·

Seems okay for me now.

1 comment
2 |3000

nimaz avatar image nimaz commented ·
Same here, have not seen the message pop for the last two hours today.

Have had tablet and computer open with the page and not seen the message.

I guess they fixed it?
(haven't look into the advanced part more than a quick look at consumed energy)

0 Likes 0 ·