question

aaxcie avatar image
aaxcie asked

Forecast wrong after hardware change

Hi,

I started with just a Fronius Inverter and had 2 solar fields connected (8.5 kWp and 5.1 kWp).

I then moved the 5.1 kWp field to a RS450 charger. Since then the forecast seems to think tht I added an additionl 5.1 kWp to my installation and the solar forecast is about 25% to high.

Will this fix itself over time or is there any way to reset the historical data?

Thanks!

VRMsolar forecast
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Did you delete the second/removed fronius from the devices list?

0 Likes 0 ·
aaxcie avatar image aaxcie Alexandra ♦ commented ·

No, i did not as the 8.5 kWp field is still active there. But i will try it now.

Update: It found the Fronius again and showes the same wrong forecast for tomorrow.

0 Likes 0 ·
Michelle Konzack avatar image Michelle Konzack aaxcie commented ·
Did you deactivate the second tracker in the Fronius?

(I assume, the Fronius communicate with your GX)

0 Likes 0 ·
aaxcie avatar image aaxcie Michelle Konzack commented ·
Both trackers in the fronius are on. Before I had 2 x 4.25 kWp connected to tracker one. After moving the 5.1 field to the RS450 I seperated the 2 4.25 kWp fields to the 2 trackers in the Fronius.

Should I try removing the whole installation from VRM to reset the data?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @aaxcie,

Please try the reset location button for your site location in the VRM site settings, and then set the location again. This should help with resetting the estimation algorithm.

It can still take up to 28 days for a full recalibration.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

aaxcie avatar image aaxcie commented ·
Thanks a lot!
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources