question

mauromartini avatar image
mauromartini asked

iOS Widgets Not Working

Installation widgets are not working on my iPhone or iPad

Have tried to delete and reinstall VRM.

Have deleted the widgets and added again.

Tried different types of widgets.

The widget shows up with no install and will not let you select an installation (I know previously selecting an installation was painful and the list only showed up after a few seconds after tapping the button)

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

vrm app phone widget
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mauromartini avatar image mauromartini commented ·
Anyone else experiencing the same?
0 Likes 0 ·
groningen avatar image groningen mauromartini commented ·

To help the support staff, please state iphone/ipad type (model/year) and software version you are currently using.

0 Likes 0 ·
rjnelson avatar image rjnelson groningen commented ·
I have the same issue. After the latest VRM update via the Apple store, the widgets are present on my phone but blank. iPhone 13 pro, IOS 16.6, VRM app is functioning and communicating with my installation.
0 Likes 0 ·
Henry Pieters avatar image Henry Pieters rjnelson commented ·

I also started seeing this issue a day or so back. IOS16.6.1 updated recently on iPhone 11. Updated VRM to 2.8.8 3weeks ago. Location South Africa.

VRM does work but widget just shows greyed out data areas. Widget is connected to installation.

0 Likes 0 ·
15 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi All,

Several changes were released today to VRM to improve app widget performance, and fix some bugs.

If all is working well now, great.

If not, please delete your VRM app and data from your phone and re-install it again from the App Store.

If you are still experiencing issues after re-install, please let us know.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) thank you very much.

Didn’t work at first but miraculously started working after about 6 hours.

Loading speed of app is faster as well as list of sites.

1 Like 1 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @mauromartini and others,

I have asked the VRM team to have a look at this thread.

While we wait it would be very useful if you could do a screen recording to show the issue and post it here.

2 |3000

mauromartini answered ·

Thank you very much. Video attached. The same applies no matter how long I wait or even if I only press once.

iPhone Mini 13 iOS 16

iPad Pro 13” 5th gen iOS 16

Same happens on both.

2 |3000

mauromartini answered ·

Thank you very much. Video attached. The same applies no matter how long I wait or even if I only press once.

iPhone Mini 13 iOS 16

iPad Pro 13” 5th iOS 16

Same happens on both.

Have just tried on 3 iPhones in our office and same happens
iPhone X iOS 16
iPhone XS iOS 16
iPhone 14 iOS 16

9 comments
2 |3000

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) any feedback yet?

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ mauromartini commented ·

Hi @mauromartini - the attachment did not attach for me?

Can you please try it again?

Edit; never mind I found it in a duplicate post

We haven't been able to reproduce the issue yet, so that makes it more difficult to fix.

0 Likes 0 ·
mauromartini avatar image mauromartini Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

Weird because I tried with all the iPhones I could find in my office and same result

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ mauromartini commented ·
Have you tried it on a different internet connection?

Perhaps there is something blocked on that network?

0 Likes 0 ·
mauromartini avatar image mauromartini Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) Yes, home wifi, office wifi and 3G

0 Likes 0 ·
Does the rest of the VRM App work as normal, just issues with the widget?
0 Likes 0 ·
@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) Yes all perfect.

The other phones we tried on in the office also have separate logins to VRM

0 Likes 0 ·
mauromartini avatar image mauromartini mauromartini commented ·
Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) any feedback?

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
mauromartini avatar image mauromartini mauromartini commented ·
@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) I have some feedback - seems to be an issue with VRM accounts that have too many systems on them.
0 Likes 0 ·
sac-rv avatar image
sac-rv answered ·

My Widget stopped working today. I can login via the VRM app and everything is updating there just fine. But the data isn't porting over to the Widget.

iPhone 13 Mini running iOS 16.6.1

iPad 6 Mini running iOS 16.6.1

2 |3000

dansonamission avatar image
dansonamission answered ·

Mine have stopped working too. iOS 17 iPhone 11

2 |3000

d4h-ottmar avatar image
d4h-ottmar answered ·

Just updated from IOS V16.6. to 17.0.1 on my iPhone 12. Widget data lost - see picture. Before update widget was okay. Tried deleting VRM app and reinstall, restart phone but nothing helps.img-3986.png

img-3986.png (3.1 MiB)
5 comments
2 |3000

dansonamission avatar image dansonamission commented ·
This is what ours looks like
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ dansonamission commented ·
Please check you are on the latest app version.
0 Likes 0 ·
pickwit avatar image pickwit nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
I am having the same problem on IOS17.01. Re-installed the app, hard reset iphone 14 pro max and still the same.
0 Likes 0 ·
Barbara (Victron Energy) avatar image Barbara (Victron Energy) ♦ pickwit commented ·
Hi, we are looking into this. Just to clarify: are you able to get to the 'select installation' dropdown when in 'edit widget' mode, or is that also not available?
0 Likes 0 ·
pickwit avatar image pickwit Barbara (Victron Energy) ♦ commented ·

Hi Barbara. Yes I am able to get to 'select installation' dropdown when in 'edit widget' mode. The only thing that does not work is the widget display. One can still access their VRM from the blank widget when tapped. There is just no info displayed on any of the widgets. There are only grey bars as shownscreenshot-2023-09-22-at-140954.jpeg

0 Likes 0 ·
fordens avatar image
fordens answered ·

Exactly the same issue, widget stopped feeding the data while the VRM shows all the data within the Victron VRM app.

iPhone 12 Pro

Was on 16.6.1 when this happened out of nowhere yesterday aft noon.

Now updating to iOS 17 hopefully will get all working again.

BTW, the same issue with data feed happened all across my iOS devices in the same time, another iPhone SE on iOS 17.0.1, iPad Air 4th gen with iOS 17.0.1 and another iPad Pro (2 years old, don't remember the details).

The VRM app works seamlessly on all devices but the widgets do not show any data. All my devices were tested across different Wi-Fi and mobile networks, same issue everywhere.

P.S. the choice of the installation from the widget menu has not changed, I'm able to see my installation with tick sign next to it on all my iOS devices.

2 |3000

jasonviljoen avatar image
jasonviljoen answered ·

Exactly as per above comments the VRM widget has not worked since yesterday on iOS - tried all troubleshooting but it is only the VRM widget that’s not returning installation data feed as all others work fine.img-6411.png

img-6411.png (1.0 MiB)
2 |3000

aaxcie avatar image
aaxcie answered ·

Also on IOS 17.0.1 with an iPhone Xr and iPad Pro 12.9.

This only happens when I use my site with a lot of devices in it while a smaller test installation with VenusOS works fine. So the amount of devices seems to be the main factor.

Please let me know if you need my site id for testing.

2 |3000

matess4rs avatar image
matess4rs answered ·

Hi, Just for info, installations with no battery installed (only Cerbo GX and Fronius Symo) are working in widgets fine. Other my installations with Victron ESS doesn´t work in widget)

2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi all, just a note to say that we’re aware and working on it.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/232767/vrm-app-ios-widgets-not-working.html

Thank you for the reporting!

2 |3000

pickwit avatar image
pickwit answered ·

Widgets are working again after updating to version 2.9.0

Thank you for the quick turnaround!

2 |3000

dansonamission avatar image
dansonamission answered ·

While it’s now working again, the scaling has changed within the large widget.

The battery percentage looks smaller and not centred. There also looks to be a larger boarder around the widget pushing the site name and last updated from the corners.

Maybe it’s just me but something looks odd about it :)

img-6404.jpeg

img-6404.jpeg (345.5 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

dansonamission avatar image dansonamission commented ·

The smaller ones are squished too.

0 Likes 0 ·
img-6405.jpeg (91.3 KiB)
sac-rv avatar image
sac-rv answered ·

Working on the iPhone but not updating on the iPad. VRM updating via the app fine.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic