question

finalman avatar image
finalman asked

Is a tablet that has Bluetooth v3 hardware able to connect to the smart mppt chargers?

As the topic says I was given a 2012 asus nexus 7 tablet that I had planned to use for viewing my Victon smart mppt solar chargers and smart shunt over Bluetooth but I am not able to see them in the VictronConnect app.

I have updated the android to 5.1.1 which is above the minimum required version of 5.0. Installed the latest VictronConnect app.

I have found out my tablet only has Bluetooth v3 hardware inside. I am currently using a Samsung galaxy S5 phone that works fine. It has Bluetooth v4 hardware installed but it has a cracked screen so I wanted to replace it.

So is my tablets Bluetooth v3 hardware stopping me from seeing the chargers?

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @finalman

The fact that the charger does not show up is indeed related to the Bluetooth version. Bluetooth version 4 introduces Bluetooth Low Energy, which is what our products use.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.