question

bateau avatar image
bateau asked

Can an older EasyPlus connect to Cerbo-S GX?

I have an older EasyPlus inverter charger 12/1600/70 with an external Multi-Control panel. I want to add remote monitoring by connecting a Cerbo-S GX controller to the system. There is a single RJ-45 UTP cable from the EasyPlus which currently connects to the Multi-Control panel. The Cerbo has 2 RJ-45 sockets and I am wondering if I connect the UTP from the EasyPlus to the Cerbo on one RJ-45 sockets and then from the other RJ-45 socket on the Cerbo to the Multi-Control?

cerbo gxEasyPlus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
bateau avatar image
bateau answered ·

Surprised there is no response or people who have tried this connectivity. I think from reading the manual of the Cerbo from what I can understand, maybe the VE Multi Control panel cannot be in the mix. Maybe a newer digital Multi Control can. I don’t know. Maybe I just play with it.

The main question is if the EasyPlus Compact can be controlled remotely. I know that if I connect VE Configure, a virtual panel can be used from the App which does allow control. I am hoping that Cerbo-S GX can control it remotely. Any ideas?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

First ensure you processor is 19XX series and above, and also have a look at these pages and the manuals which contains useful information such as:

"Combining the Cerbo-S GX with a Digital Multi Control

It is possible to connect both a Cerbo-S GX and a Digital Multi Control to a VE.Bus system. The ability to switch the product On, Off or set it to Charger Only via the Cerbo-S GX will be disabled. The same applies to the input current limit: when there is a Digital Multi Control in the system, the input current limit which is set at that control panel will be the master-setting, and changing it on the Cerbo-S GX will not be possible."

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo-S_GX/en/connecting-victron-products.html#UUID-45296fbc-6298-b29c-2e54-7730edc3d313

2 |3000

bateau avatar image
bateau answered ·

Yes I also read that if “when there is a Digital Multi Control in the system”, “The ability to switch the product On, Off or set it to Charger Only via the Cerbo-S GX will be disabled”. Hence my question regarding that statement in the manual, if I then choose to not connect the analogue/digital Multi Control panel, will the Cerbo provide remote control to “switch the product (EasyPlus) On, Off or set it to Charger Only”?

Secondly how do I ensure the “processor is 19XX series and above”? Is that available by VE Configure?

1 comment
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

You will have to open the device as neither VE.Config or VictronConnect shows the product ID from what I can see.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources