question

johanndo avatar image
johanndo asked

Battery plus wiring terminal Quattro 12-5000 220 100-100 gets hot

Hi there, a friend of mine has a problem installing a Victron Quattro 12-5000 220 100-100 in his boat, he has LiFePO4 batteries EVE cells 2p4s 260Ah cells, 520Ah 12V bank.

The charge current from the Quattro goes only to 90A, ripple is 1.4V, way too high. He has double wired the positives and negatives to the battery. One issue is very strange so. The plus screw block on the Quattro gets really hot at 90A, way too warm compared to my installation.Seems there is internally a voltage drop between the post and the circuits behind, he checked the lugs and wires - they seem OK, he even replaced / recrimped new lugs with no improvement. My guess is, the ripple stems from a bad connection inside of the Quattro, that causes the heat. The negative connection area gets warm too, but is way colder than the positive.

Any ideas how to track this down / fix this without sending the unit to Victron (we are currently in Colombia)

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerwiringripple
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@JohannDo

If you are brave enough you can still the unit and check the assembly.

If there is nothing obvious you will have to send it back.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers