question

daza avatar image
daza asked

VRM App widget not accurate without inverter/charger

Hi can someone at Victron please look at the accuracy of the VRM app Widget for the phone as it records a much different reading to the VRM app which is recording the wright thing.

Please see the attached pictures of both. I’ve changed what my grid meter is for but have to wait until i can put my Multiplus on to get the CT from that working but it should still record the solar correctly which is done by an ET112. Thanks in advance

img-4199.jpegimg-4198.jpeg

vrm app phone widget
img-4199.jpeg (229.8 KiB)
img-4198.jpeg (167.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

The widget is a point in time. On IOS the phone decides when it will refresh, at the specific moment the data is pulled it will be accurate. VRM has its own refresh rate and they are unlikely to align.

Using this extensively myself, I haven’t the values to be off.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

daza avatar image
daza answered ·

Hi @nickdb no mate as solar tops out at 3200 the load is accurate as it’s just shy of what the VRM is recording. the inverter is a 3kW attached image from the Solis inverter, VRM and the widget the only one that’s really off is the widget. The load part of the widget seems accurate for the Solar but the Solar part itself is well off

img-4206.jpegimg-4205.jpegimg-4204.jpeg

img-4206.jpeg (169.1 KiB)
img-4205.jpeg (229.0 KiB)
img-4204.jpeg (126.2 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Ok. Maybe it is PV inverter specific.
0 Likes 0 ·
daza avatar image daza nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
@nickdb yeah mate the load seems to be the nearest thing to actual readings that the solar should be. Are you able to bump this up to someone at Victron to take a look?
0 Likes 0 ·
daza avatar image
daza answered ·

Here is the data amplified now there is hardly any sun everything else is in 5watts or so of the other apart from the widget app

img-4207.jpeg img-4208.png
img-4209.png
img-4210.png

img-4207.jpeg (178.1 KiB)
img-4208.png (476.7 KiB)
img-4209.png (1.1 MiB)
img-4210.png (1.6 MiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Asked some fellow members with PV inverters to check and on their site it is correct so should work.

Can you confirm where your PV inverter is installed - AC in or AC out?

Is a meter installed at alll?

0 Likes 0 ·
daza avatar image daza nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

PV is installed on the AC out side of the inverter if you look at the grid and the load you can see it’s putting about 15 to 20 watts on the others above. It’s using the ET112 for the PV and another ET112 for Grid side it’s now 2100 at night and it’s still thinking it’s getting 669watts but the VRM is accurate just not the widget

img-4211.jpeg

img-4212.png

0 Likes 0 ·
img-4211.jpeg (350.2 KiB)
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ daza commented ·
Just confirming the app is up to date? I have asked the contacts we have if they can have a look - some times we get lucky :)
1 Like 1 ·
daza avatar image
daza answered ·

Hi @nickdb yeah mate I’m on the latest version, cheers mate much appreciate!

img-4213.png

img-4213.png (817.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Daza,

It looks like the inverter is not properly communicating with the rest of the system. It is showing as 'off' in all the photos.

The way the system calculates loads, AC PV, and grid depends on those inverter readings. You will need to get that inverter back online for these readings to work properly.

2 |3000

daza avatar image
daza answered ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) hi Guy thanks, yes I’ve not commissioned it yet thought I would do all the monitoring stuff and then get to that last, I just assumed because the app and the GX gave the correct readings that would too, now you say has to be read by the Multiplus2, I’m using the Multiplus2 CT to monitor a circuit which I don’t want it to adjust for I just want to see it as an AC meter so are you saying that I can’t do this also as the Victron multiplus2 needs to see everything in order to do the right calculation for the widgets?

1 comment
2 |3000

I will ask the VRM team to have a look, but it is a known limitation that without a Victron inverter the calculated totals from energy meters do not behave as expected.

There is a section here about it in the energy meter manual - cleanshot-2023-09-05-at-144814.jpg

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic