question

oleh avatar image
oleh asked

BMV 712 Relay -> switch condition = charge status (SOC) possible?

Good day everybody - I have a PV boat installation with 2 MPPT controllers; one charging the 600A service bank, the other goes to the bow battery bank. Panels are 360WP resp. 190WP.

Because the service bank is more used, I thought about using the relay function of the BMV 712 to switch the 190WP panels to the service bank - after the bow batteries are "full" and in float condition. I want to switch the panel input, not the output of the MPPTbow, because I am monitoring the battery banks with two seperate BMV's.

I found voltage switch conditions in the manual, but no SOC conditions.

Any suggestions would be very helpful!

Thanks, Ole

MPPT ControllersBMV Battery MonitorSOC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
zabbaskeema avatar image
zabbaskeema answered ·

Hi Oleh,

I can attest there is a SOC facility in the relay function of the 712, section 4.2.2:

16. SOC relay (Discharge floor)

When the state-of-charge percentage has fallen below this value, the relay will close.

The time-to-go displayed is the time to reach the discharge floor.

Default Range Step size

50% 0 – 99%

Have fun.. I tested it during the initial commissioning of my two banks and sometimes it had a life of its own. Good luck!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources