question

schwuppe avatar image
schwuppe asked

get node red error status

Hello,

there are plenty of node red nodes that give me assorted error status.

I want a general error status that combines for example BMS error, VE Bus error, temerature warnings etc.

Which node shall I use therefore ? Thank you

Node-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Are you looking for something to display errors on a node red dashboard? If so, you can use the appropriate victron input nodes to catch the errors and then use a change node or a function node to change from the numerical value to a text of the actual error, and then send the text to a dashboard node. There is also a dashboard pop-up node which can provide a pop-up (output provided by the previously mentioned process) on any open tab of your dashboard when there is an error present.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

schwuppe avatar image
schwuppe answered ·

I want to forward a general unspecific failure/warning notice over mqtt. The can then do further investigaton.

I got a battery system, voltage measurement ect.

I do not want to search for every possible warning, maybe later when I expand my system forget new ones.

Is there a combined error/failure/... info in one of the node red nodes?

thanks

2 comments
2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas commented ·
"Is there a combined error/failure/... info in one of the node red nodes?

thanks"

Not that I am aware of. Each device in the system is responsible for reporting it's own errors, warnings and alarms.

0 Likes 0 ·
schwuppe avatar image schwuppe derrick thomas commented ·
ok
0 Likes 0 ·