question

hibe avatar image
hibe asked

Why is there no 3 phase multiplus

I know I can build a 3-phase (230V) system using 3 1-phase multiplus-II devices. This is taking up quite some space in comparison to dedicated 3 phase inverters from other vendors. is there any victron (planned?) device to complement the multiplus-II range and is 3-phase native?

3 phase
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

Announced and but no due date yet. Multi HS19 15kW is a rack mountable three-phase Inverter/Charger with 4 x Multi Power Point Tracking Solar Charge Controllers 800VDC from an (up to) 1000VDC, 32kWp solar array. The units can be paralleled to provide large industrial processes with power from an entirely sustainable energy supply. All you know need is a small factory?1693412514785.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1693412514785.png (577.6 KiB)
3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

There is currently no plans for the "normal" MP-II as 3-phase unit and I hithly doubt that there will be one. That's a design decision for flexibility.

I guess that Victron will work on other 3-phase units after the Multi HS19 15kW is released. Time will tell.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hibe avatar image
hibe answered ·

that's a good start. I'd like to see the Multiplus-II 48/5000 functionality in 3-phase setup. I do like the fact that it's rack mounted, I'm less thrilled that it need high-voltage batteries and also has 32kWp solar included.

One other option which would already be very helpfull is if the Multiplus-II could come in a neat rackmountable package (should be able to fit in 1RU, worst case 2RU) so that you can build a proper setup with rack mountable batteries (such as Pylontech).

1 comment
2 |3000

Michelle Konzack avatar image Michelle Konzack commented ·
I dubt, that 2HE (88mm) is enough to get the torridual transfirmator in andvhave the right cooling.

However, a 3 HE rack with 600mm depth would be suitable but i woukd prefer a version which is pure inverter without high voltage solar charger and of course a 24V version

Hence packing up three MultiPlus-II or Quatro-II into one unit woukd be just perfect, especially if the DC power poles ciuld be placed on the leftvand right side, where the two power rails can be mounted.

0 Likes 0 ·
janvi avatar image
janvi answered ·

As there was some time to the last post here and 2024 approaches where the HS19 is announced to be available, I would kindly ask if there is already a link for the manual or at least the data sheet ? Dutch or English would be ok, if unavoidable also Marathi or Hindi is accepted.

Assume the HV design is a step-down / buck regulator what is not isolated from battery to module and does not contain 50 Hz iron torroid transformers as mentioned @Michelle Konzack I am curious to read the manual.

2 comments
2 |3000

genesis1992 avatar image genesis1992 commented ·
I spoke to Guy about it at intersolar this year. It’s indeed transformerless, it will be possible to parallel A LOT of them.
1 Like 1 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

The datasheet and manual will be published when they are ready to be published.

I guess it will take at last another 2-3 month.

1 Like 1 ·