question

crazyvan avatar image
crazyvan asked

LiFePO4 battery charger and inverter in parallel

Hi,

I'm building the electrical circuit of my van, I've got the LiFePO4 battery and the Blue Smart IP65 Charger and an inverter, the question is: how can I prevent the charger from "charging" the inverter when the battery is disconnected ? (for example because of the BMS or the main switch)?

This situation may be dangerous as the inverter is basically a big capacitor charged with a constant current, how this situation should be managed ?

Thanks

battery chargingBMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Unplug the charger when you disconnect the battery.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

crazyvan avatar image
crazyvan answered ·

LOL

this is not sufficient: for example the main fuse (between the battery and the rest of the circuit) may blow and in few seconds the charger will blow the inverter capacitors.

The only way I see is to detect the battery disconnection and then automatically disconnect all the chargers: note that this situation may occur even with solar charges, dc/dc converter (from the van engine)....

Is there any product that can detect this ?

1 comment
2 |3000

Michelle Konzack avatar image Michelle Konzack commented ·
I would connect the charger directly to the battery, to be able of charging while the rest of the system is cut-off
0 Likes 0 ·