question

Kai Squires avatar image
Kai Squires asked

Android connection to Smartshunt HQ2241

Samsung Android, Victron Connect will not connect to Smartshunt.

It sees the device, it accepts the 000000 PIN, goes to 95% and appears to disconnect.

Blue LED flashes during connection, changes to solid during credentials, then flashes at 95%.

It cycles though about three times, never connecting.

log files attached

Samsung A03

"

VictronConnect App

Available for Android, iOS, "Windows", and macOS X. It can connect to Victron products via "Bluetooth", USB and WiFi/LAN

Is this true?

Ive tried connecting through my Win 11 laptop / Bluetooth. Cant get this working either. Windows will see the Smartshunt, but the VictronConnect will not see it, let alone connect to it.

I do not see any USB port, so tried Bluetooth

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Kai Squires avatar image
Kai Squires answered ·

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @Kai Squires

I can confirm that this phone indeed also has the problematic chipset and is thus likely struck by the same problem as the Nokia G11, Nokia T10 and Samsung Tab A8. This will be fixed in a next release of VictronConnect.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

Kai Squires avatar image
Kai Squires answered ·

Thank you for the update....

Cheers,

2 |3000

Kai Squires avatar image
Kai Squires answered ·

Ive just tried the two Android v6.0 apps, both fail to even see the shunt. Outside the app, Android/Bluetooth finds the shunt, and requests credentials, but the App itself, doesnt see any devices.

Samsung A03

Suprised bluetooth technology can cause si many issues.

Could you tell which version was supposed to work with the A03? ARM64 or ARMv7?

11 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Kai Squires

Both version should work on the A03, the ARM64 should be a little more efficient.

The v6.0beta contains quite a big change to our source code, so it could be that it is indeed not working as expected. Can you post another service report made with the v6.0 arm64 version?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @Kai Squires

Today, someone on our staff found an error in VictronConnect v6.00beta1. The result of this error is that scanning does not work on phones with Android 12 or newer. So you need to wait for the next beta, which will probably be released via our website within a few days.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
Kai Squires avatar image Kai Squires Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·

Hi,

The Victron Connect app now connects to the Smartshunt. Yey!

However doesn't seem to download any historical data. Its been connected for a couple of weeks now, but all I see is the instantaneous data on the graphs.. the Trend tab.

I've left this on for 1/2 hr.

Its doesn't seem to save 'previous' instantaneous data. If I leave the App, the connection restarts, and the data is only ever live again.

I do see option to change the graph scale to hours / days but none of the 'historical data displays.

0 Likes 0 ·
Kai Squires avatar image Kai Squires Kai Squires commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ Kai Squires commented ·

Hi @Kai Squires

What you can try is clear the stored data on the SmartShunt as this might be corrupted somehow and that can give problems in VictronConnect. To do this, go to the trends menu and press the hamburger menu(=three bars) in the middle at the bottom. A menu should popup where you can select "Clear Stored data". This will delete the stored trend data, removing any corrupt data.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
Kai Squires avatar image Kai Squires Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·

Thanks.

But that doesnt work either. No change, no historical data, just instantaneous data.

(It doesnt even save data this data, everything refreshed, and displayed from scratch, each time it connects, or even tabbing out of the application, enter the share menu et.c.)

Can you check my Android, Phone version is expected to work with V6, beta No.2

0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ Kai Squires commented ·

Hi @Kai Squires

We found and error in VictronConnect which causes this behavior. A new beta will be released in the near future that should fix this problem.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Thanks again, fingers crossed!
0 Likes 0 ·

Ive just tried version 6, beta 4. Both the Android versions fail. Please see screenshot.screenshot-20230920-061729.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Kai Squires avatar image
Kai Squires answered ·

I notice there is a Windows version too.

Does the Victron Connect, work with the Smartshunt, via Bluetooth, on Windows 11 Lenovo Laptop?

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @Kai Squires

The windows version of VictronConnect does not support bluetooth.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·