question

billknny avatar image
billknny asked

Node-red force absorbtion

From inside Node-red, running on Cerbo-Large how can I force a Multiplus to begin a normal absorption cycle? I know how to READ the state via the Modbus registers, but there are no writable ones to get this started, that I know of... There is a way I am missing, I know :)

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

You might look at the new Custom Control node in the recent node red update. You might find what you need in the inverter section. I haven't looked myself so this is only a suggestion. I can't say for certain if it's there.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

billknny avatar image billknny commented ·
I saw that... I thought it was still in Beta test... I'll dive in and see if it's in the released version.
0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas billknny commented ·
It is only in the beta but victron is just about ready to release 3.10
0 Likes 0 ·
billknny avatar image billknny derrick thomas commented ·
Thanks! It looks like in the current release the only control options for the Mulitplus I have are for switch position, and input current limit. I'll see what the new release holds! I am very anxious to get my hands on the solar priority settings as well!
0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas billknny commented ·
You can do the same thing with mqtt but the new nodes make it much simpler.
0 Likes 0 ·