question

batteryboy avatar image
batteryboy asked

Inverter handle for carrying

I have a Phoenix 12/1200 inverter and sometimes need to move it between an outside shed and indoors when there is a power cut. It is an awkward heavy thing to handle especially if the weather is bad. I managed to make a handle out of oddments lying around my workshop which makes carrying it so much easier. I hope this might be useful for others (see pics).

I used 2 pieces of 3mm aluminium about 23mm wide to attach to the base holes to spread the load and avoid the baseplate metal tabs bending. I then fitted long 4mm bolts and SWA cable cleats size #9. The handle is a piece of 20mm electrical PVC conduit, but strengthened with a piece of 15mm copper heating pipe inside. I tried to reduce corrosion/exposed metal surfaces eg by using adhesive lined 25/38mm shrinkwarp on the aluminium supports, and using dome nuts to avoid snagging. It's still possible to mount it horizontally - I used a piece of aluminium U channel at the bottom, and a couple more cable cleats at the top onto the handle. The handle is also useful for securing the cable - e.g. reusable cable ties.

invhandle3.jpg

invhandle2.jpg

Phoenix Inverter
invhandle3.jpg (606.4 KiB)
invhandle2.jpg (514.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers