question

ddutton avatar image
ddutton asked

Victron Multiplus II Firmware

I'm trying to update the firmware on my victron multiplus II 120V 3000 VA from V492 to V506. It starts to download gets to 1% then crashes my system, power turns off and inverter reboots.

Multiplus-IIfirmware update
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
How do you try to update? VRM portal or VictronConnect? Do you get an error message?
0 Likes 0 ·
6 Answers
ddutton avatar image
ddutton answered ·

Ok finally figured it out. As part of firmware upgrade inverter shuts down…which cuts power to my computer, used a laptop and firmware upgrade went smoothly as laptop has its own power. Cheers and thanks for all the help.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ddutton avatar image
ddutton answered ·

Victron connect with with mk3 connected to computer. No error message inverter looses power, therefore computer also looses power. Inverter kicks back in couple seconds later

2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Nothing else connected to ve.bus?

2 |3000

ddutton avatar image
ddutton answered ·

Only have Bluetooth dongle normally connected but unconnected it for firmware upgrade, same result. When I'm connecting to victron connect I do get the message unknown product 2711. Still connects and I can change settings.

2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Have you tried using ve.flash?

2 |3000

ddutton avatar image
ddutton answered ·

Uninstalled Victron connect and reinstalled on computer…no joy. Going to try another laptop.

2 |3000