question

stad avatar image
stad asked

Smart TV & VRM

I have tried to set up a Samsung smart TV (with WiFi) to access the VRM via its web browser but it 'freezes' every time the browser tries to go to the VRM webpage to log in.

I tried this using the TV's WiFi connection to the systems router, and with a direct connection.

The TV indicates it is connected to the internet and I can access the usual web pages.

I wonder if the VRM log in page is preventing the TV's browser from connecting maybe ?

Does anyone know what/ why this could be?

Best, Marc

VRM
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

uguraladag avatar image uguraladag commented ·

I also connected LG TV to Cerbo Gx with hdmi cable, but unfortunately I couldn't get a picture, is there a solution?

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ uguraladag commented ·
Probably a result of an unsupported resolution.
0 Likes 0 ·
uguraladag avatar image uguraladag nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
İş there A solition?
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

It is more likely that the TV's web browser just doesn't support what VRM requires to render. If it lets you install other browsers, perhaps that might work.

Check you are up to date as well.

Even on conventional devices VRM won't work with every browser.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stad avatar image stad commented ·

Thank Nick, are there any browsers that are known to work?

All devices except the Multi's have up to date firmware.

-1 Like -1 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ stad commented ·
The supported ones are safari, firefox, chrome, Edge (chrome variant) off the top of my head. The usual suspects :)

The Multi/GX doesn't affect it, it is determined by the VRM platform support.

You might have better luck connecting directly to the remote console on your LAN. If that works, you could try see if node red works, if it does you could create your own dashboard - it's a bit more schlep but might get around compatibility issues.

-1 Like -1 ·
alan-falck avatar image
alan-falck answered ·

Hi I have VRM working on 2 Samsung smart TV's over WiFi as VRM monitors they have worked perfectly for a year or 2.

1 comment
2 |3000

stad avatar image stad commented ·
Thanks Alan, was that using the Samsung browser?
0 Likes 0 ·