question

moiuk avatar image
moiuk asked

12/200 alternator shut off

Trying to get my head around how the 12/200 operates and would appreciate any help to educate me ;)

The 12/200 datasheet shows that the 12/200 has a shutoff voltage of 11V which makes sense, but I am missing something in my understanding of how it works to stop overcharging of a lithium.

I also understand the purpose of the fuse to set the current limiting from the alternator (not sure how it achieves this though) - but again, am missing something to see how/when it shuts off the charge to the lithiums (and uses the lead-acid to dump into).

Anybody able to fill the missing gaps for me ?

BMSalternator
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

Hi Moiuk

Please supply

Some more information needed, like a product part number and also a diagram as to how you have connected the unit. to your system.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @moiuk

What product are you talking about? and how do you want to use it?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

luis-gomezcala avatar image luis-gomezcala commented ·

Hi Daniel,

I have a similar issue. I have a 12/200 BMS on my Victron lithium batteries. I don't really use the alternator for charging as the solar fulfills most of my power needs. However, now in winter I noticed the alternator charging seems to be switching on and off after a few minutes. If I turn off the engine and start again the charging is back to normal but after a few minutes it reverts to switching on and off continually. Any ideas of the issue? Thanks in advance

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron VE.Bus BMS product page

Victron 3rd party BMS compatibility page