question

rubicon avatar image
rubicon asked

Firmware updates

Basic question: I installed a MultiPlus 3K, Cerbo GX, Touch 50, MPPT, and IP65 this year. I updated the firmware when installed. Is it best practice to update the firmware on each device when prompted or stick with what is working?

vrm firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

My opinion:

For the MPPT and SmartShunt, often the firmware updates are mandatory (settings are not accessible unless you update). Since the settings are kept after a firmware update, I would say it's best to update these type of devices anyway.

For Cerbo GX, I would recommend to disable automatic firmware updates. But do update it manually, when you have time and you are at the location.

For Multiplus, because the firmware update erases the settings (you have to save the settings before update and restore them after update; or re-make them manually), it depends.

If you have an issue with the Multiplus, then upgrade.

If no issues, keep an eye on the release notes and when you see something which would make the update more desirable (such as new functionality, some bug removal, updated grid code for your country, etc.), do it.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic