question

Bill avatar image
Bill asked

VRM keeps showing my Solar Suitcase as producing power after its shutdown and put away.

I started using my 400w solar suitcase to add power while boondocking in Alaska and Canada. Last week I stowed the suitcase after dark and shutoff the controller after stowing the panels. But for the next couple weeks VRM showed them being attached and producing 2 watts. Today I deployed them again and just stowed them and shut down the dedicated controller again. VRM still shows them producing 87 watts. The Cerbo shows that controller as "Not Connected" How do I get them to not show up on VRM as still producing power? It never used to do that. -Bill

VRM
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Bill avatar image
Bill answered ·

You may have missed the part about shutting off the controller after the panels were stowed, inside a closed bay in my rv basement. Nothing is left connected. There is no stored energy or battery connected to the solar suitcase.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
@Bill Bot post has been deleted.
0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Bill

What you're seeing is probably cached data at your end. Either clear the cache, or refresh the page. That should clear it.

That said, VRM has a real issue with it's "Realtime" animation. I've griped about it before, and it still needs much more work. Some data may be realtime, and some not. And you don't know until a page refresh. One repeatable example is Battery Temperature and the weather tile (Temp again). My suspicions raise when I see 'Realtime' first to load on a page refresh. It just means (maybe?) it's connected to VRM, but the data isn't necessarily current.

Please fix this, VRM team. I love my VRM. and happy to be a test mule if you need. Common ole WinPC/Firefox.

1 comment
2 |3000

Bill avatar image Bill commented ·
John, that was the first thing I did when it first occurred, I even tried a browser I never use. The data is on the VRM website. I did go back and turn those Suitcase panels controller back on without panels connected as a test and waited for the next update to upload. Now it at least shows 0 w, 0a and .01v So maybe the problem is when I turn off the controller prior to my cerbo updating VRM with new data. As if that RealTime indicator isn't "actually" realtime for that controller. I will have to go back and find the VRM's Realtime definition, what things are updated that way and which aren't. -Bill
0 Likes 0 ·