question

paul-jones avatar image
paul-jones asked

Unable to upload Cerbo-S GX data on VRM

I've just installed a SmartShunt and Cerbo-S GX in my 12V camping system, primarily to be able to log data which is precisely what I'm having issues with.

I'm currently on the road so my options for connectivity are limited but, in line with the Cerbo and VRM manuals, I've tried to set up the Cerbo in the VRM using the offline data upload feature. I have a microSD card in the Cerbo which appears to be logging the data but when I try to upload it into the VRM I receive 'Failed to process data file. Supplied installation identifier is invalid for the current user.' I'm unable to find much more information on this error but it is a brand new product so not sure why there would be an identifier mismatch.

I'm unable to set up the Cerbo on VRM using internet (I have wifi but my access to the Cerbo interface is via Wifi which removes my ability to access the Cerbo and Internet at the same time) however I did manage to make an internet connection (via wifi) on the Cerbo but this had just had the effect of removing any data logs from the microSD when the Cerbo does have connection, presumably this is a design feature to upload any offline data to VRM but at the moment all this means is the data is going into the ether.

Any assistance appreciated.

VRMfile upload
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi Paul,

Have you added the VRM ID from you GX to your VRM account yet?

The step by step is here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:getting_started

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources