question

reginald-potts avatar image
reginald-potts asked

Harvey Power

https://harveypoweress.com/product/48v-battery/lifepo4-server-rack-battery/

Wondering if anyone has any experience of using these LifePo4 batteries? Perhaps they are a really new company as I get no search results from a general search on here.

Website is extensive and apparently these use CATL cells which I understand are top drawer for the Chinese market.

Lithium Battery
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

reginald-potts avatar image reginald-potts commented ·

cycle-times-of-lifepo4-battery-at-different-depths.jpg

Cycle data says if you take them down to 80% DOD daily you get around 8 years, to get the claimed 8000 cycles (>20 yrs) you can only cycle 10% daily. I'm guessing this is similar to the Pylontech and others.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Fideri avatar image
Fideri answered ·

Did you buy these batteries? Looking for an alternative to PylonTech for Victron.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

reginald-potts avatar image reginald-potts commented ·

No I haven't purchased yet as my FLA 48KW battery is still cycling fine but I will probably go with LiFeP04 when it needs replacing. I have been in touch with a salesman called Ryan Wood from the company and this is the quote I got-

"It would need 10 decks to stack in 2 tower, 5 decks each tower, because it's 48v 100ah 5kwh each deck, 10 decks will total be 50kwh. The price is EUR €858 eack deck, 10 decks will be €8580. To door delivery cost is EUR €1326 for 10 decks, because the battery is heavy, about 60kg each deck. And it's DDP, which means you don't need to pay extra import taxes at your side. Producing time is about 25 days, to door delivery time by sea is about 55 days after complete production"

This is for a 50KW battery which I would need as it needs to be kept between 20 - 80% DOD for longer life. He recommends 50 - 80% DOD for maximum cycles which seems to be in line with other batteries of this chemistry.

0 Likes 0 ·
ponzoa avatar image ponzoa commented ·
I've also installed with BYD LVS and they work great with Victron. Currently my preferred choice although we do still continue to work with Pylontech also.
0 Likes 0 ·
Fideri avatar image
Fideri answered ·

@Reginald Potts that is comprehensive and useful. I'm looking at similar capacity, about 42Kwh. @ponzoa I'm also looking at the BYD LVS or LVL. I might go with those. My pylons got fried due to bad installation.

Fideri

1 comment
2 |3000

ponzoa avatar image ponzoa commented ·
A bad installation will do that. 42kWh are 12 US3000C which fit nicely in a 42U 19" rack, ideally long cables to a set of Lynx distributorsfor every 2 units of US3000C with a 125A megafuse protecting each cable/2 batteries.

you need 11 BYD LVS batteries 2 stacks of 4 batteries and one stack of 3 batteries. Each with a 70mm cable running to a Lynx Distributor with 250A Megafuse cables.

Good luck and let us know how you go!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources