question

doobeedoo23 avatar image
doobeedoo23 asked

Is it true that if I use a common port BMS it can damage my BlueSolar MPPT if it cuts off the LiFePo4 batteries due to low voltage?

....while the solar panels are putting out good power? Or should I use a seperate port BMS so that only the load is cut off?

MPPT ControllersLithium BatteryBMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

You should always switch each device with a separate contact. Devices' inputs may be at different reference levels or open circuit Voltage levels.
If your BMS has only one output the use it to drive a relay with two separate contacts so that the contacts being used to enable /disable each device will be isolated.
You could also use a single output BMS to drive two opto-isolators if you would rather use those instead of a relay.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

doobeedoo23 avatar image doobeedoo23 commented ·

Thanks WKirby - I have ordered a seperate port BMS that doesnt switch off the charging current, Ill let you know how I get on.

0 Likes 0 ·