question

Philipp Trenz avatar image
Philipp Trenz asked

VRM app widgets disappear from Notification Center (Apple Silicon, MacOS 13.4.1)

Hey guys,

I configured multiple widgets displaying multiple sites in the notification center on Mac OS 13.4.1 (Apple Silicon) and they disappear after a while (probably more than 24h).

I now placed a single widget to see if it stays there. Let me know, if I can help out with further insights.

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

VRM app is IOS based. It isn’t supported on Mac OS.

Mac OS does allow IOS apps to run on Apple silicon, it is still an experimental feature and will not work properly. Mine behaves the same, there are currently no plans to invest any time to debug this on mac.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Philipp Trenz avatar image Philipp Trenz ♦ commented ·

Thanks for your quick reply, @nickdb. With macOS 14 (currently in Beta), Apple is putting more focus on widgets on Macs by allowing them to be placed on the desktop as well. Would be awesome, if the dev team would find some time to look into this later on

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ Philipp Trenz ♦ commented ·
Fully agree and I will keep asking. I haven't tried recently with Sonoma, it just got annoying re-adding the widgets.
0 Likes 0 ·